Friday, January 28, 2005

Extra Special Cat Blogging!

Just in time for Friday cat blogging, Paul Rogers sent in the following cat haiku (I love them - especially the one about the relative brain sizes!):

Am I in your way?
You seem to have it backwards:
This pillow's taken.

Your mouth is moving;
Up and down, emitting noise.
I've lost interest.

The dog wags his tail,
Seeking approval. See mine?
Different message.

My brain: walnut-sized.
Yours: largest among primates.
Yet, who leaves for work?

Most problems can be
Ignored. The more difficult
Ones can be slept through.

Cats can't steal the breath
Of children. But if my tail's
Pulled again, I'll learn.

Toy mice, dancing yarn
Meowing sounds. I'm convinced:
You're an idiot.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:00 PM

    The cat haiku (haikus? haikui?) came from our freind Moby who got them from his Canadian cousin Laurie who..
    well, it's the internet don'tcha know?
    The cat blogging is another reason for us to look forward to Friday. Okay, every night is Saturday night for Tux and every morning Sunday morning and he pretends not to be interested in the pictures or anything else computerish.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.