Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Something to think about

Today I picked up a little book by George Fowler entitled, Learning to Dance Inside: Getting to the Heart of Meditation. And I found this lovely advice:

You may find it helpful during your meditation to remind yourself occasionally that there is only One Reality, One Being, One Life, and that that Reality, that Being, that Life is also yours. It's What's outpressing here as you.

Remember over and over. You don't have to acquire, only to realize. The sole point of meditation is to realize Who and What you already Are.

And consequently, that all is well.

Forever, already well.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Would someone like to explain this one please. I'm afraid I don't understand what is being said. Thank you. Carolyn L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically it's saying that reality is one - all of a piece - and that we are all part of it. All we have to do is realize that. I agree that the passage is not terribly well written but I think the point made is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bogger (the program) is on the blink today. Sorry for the triple post but the program won't let me delete the extras at this point. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.