Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pure silence

For some reason today I decided to do a search on the word "silence". I found an interesting site with which I do not entirely agree but which offers this gem:
Pure Silence is within you. It is not just the absence of sound, or lack of noise. It is the ground, the basis of your very being. There is nothing to find out, nothing to prove. Just listen with your whole being to what is here, now. It is the most amazing thing you can ever discover.

It is with you now. It is you. The only way to find this is to stop everything else. Everything! Just be.
What would happen if we gave ourselves permission to "just be"? I don't think that would mean we would turn passive and useless. I think it would mean that we would become free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.