Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Lovingkindness prayer

I found this in the DharmaCrafts catalog:
May all beings be peaceful.
May all beings be happy.
May all beings be safe.
May all beings awaken to the light of their true nature.
May all beings be free.
These are wonderful things to wish for anyone. Try it for individuals and substitute the person's name for "all beings". But, of course, the traditional teaching is always to start with yourself:
May I be peaceful.
May I be happy.
May I be safe.
May I awaken to the light of my true nature.
May I be free.
It's amazing how wishing those things for ourselves helps us wish them for others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.