Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas expectations


I could not find a name attached to this quote but I found it on a website called Life Research Universal:

I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas day. We try to crowd into it the long-overdue deeds of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year.
I like that. Maybe we could all have the aspiration of observing Christmas day after day. When you think of it, the freshness and humility of "beginner's mind" is about letting the Child be born in us over and over. And that Child is ever Holy.

Peace be with you all, this joyous day and throughout the New Year!
Ellie

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 AM

    It's by David Grayson, American journalist 1870-1946. A very quotable guy, evidently. I just googled "we expect too much of Christmas day" and found him.

    Continuing love and joy to you!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally and Ellie, thank you for the quote and the "author" of it. It's good and seems to describe yesterday at our house.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.