Friday, December 21, 2007

Coming back to ourselves

It saddens me when I hear of people who think that meditation is demonic. A meditation student recently told me about such an encounter. I was very proud of her when she told me that she replied by saying that meditation is about bringing clarity to the mind. Exactly!

Meditation is not to escape from society, but to come back to ourselves and see what is going on. Once there is seeing, there must be acting. With mindfulness, we know what to do and what not to do to help.

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

So meditation is certainly not about inaction. It is, rather, about skillful action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.