Thursday, January 20, 2011

The role of advice

Today, I stumbled upon an opinion piece in the New York Times entitled "What’s the Best Advice You Ever Got?" in which readers were encouraged to leave comments answering that question. I'm having a wonderful time reading the various offerings - and there are many. I certainly don't agree with all of them by any means. But exploring what different people consider to be good advice is a really interesting exercise in reflecting on my own values.

Do click through and give it a try. It's fun!

Needless to say, here's my favorite one so far:

Learn to meditate. Take a course, hire a teacher, whatever. Just learn to meditate.

Meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.