Thursday, October 13, 2011

Opening our eyes to the beauty of life

I want to call your attention to a little article entitled "Meditation Isn't For Me" by Dr. Reggie Ray. Here's a little bit of what it says:
Sometimes people say, “Well, you know, I don’t really meditate. That’s not my thing.” Well, is your thing to be yourself? Is your thing to discover the depths of your own being? Is your thing to open your eyes to the beauty of life? Well, then you’re a meditator, because that’s all meditation is. It’s being willing to sit down and stop watching television, so to speak. To be willing to sit down and put the Time Magazine over on the shelf or the Utne Reader or whatever your thing is. To be willing to be alone, to be willing to give your own state of being room to show itself…
...
This is something I tell my students:

“If you don’t put meditation on the top of your To Do list, it will be at the bottom, and it won’t happen.”

I find that if meditation is not the first priority of my day it won’t happen.
This is good stuff, people. Give it some serious thought. Please.
~~~

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    Good stuff it is indeed Sister!

    annie c

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.